In conjunction with the Board of Irish College Societies (BICS) we are delighted to announce the Best Mental Health Society Award 2016.
Higher education is more than coursework and lectures it has the potential to offer so much more to students and societies play a huge role. We all have Mental Health therefore it is EVERYONE’s concern, building on this foundation we are delighted to sponsor this award and get all societies involved in playing their part to ensuring their members are looking after their mental health and wellbeing during college.
The National Awards ceremony are on the 14th April in the Radisson Blu Hotel, Limerick. The purpose of the National Awards is to recognise the huge effort made by the many individuals who run student societies across Ireland. The National Awards are a means of recognising this dedication and are an opportunity to celebrate the importance and value that societies contribute to college life.
To enter for the Best Mental Health Society Award:
1. Add your event to the BICS calendar at http://bics.ie/event-submission-page/
2. Choose the ‘mental health promotion’ category.
You can check here to see if your college is listed as a member college.
Closing deadline for applications is the March 14th 2016 at 3pm
1. The main criteria for the events which will be shortlisted for the National Award is that they must empower students to reduce the stigma around mental health and open the conversation about mental health.
2. The event must take place between March 15th 2015 and March 13th 2016.
3.The event must be organised by at least one society in a member college.
4. The event may be open to the public
5. There are no restriction on the number of events per college which are submitted.